Custom-Made Night Guards
Your Path to Restful Sleep and Dental Health
Sleep is essential for overall well-being, yet for many, it can be disrupted by various factors, including bruxism (teeth grinding) or temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders. These issues not only affect the quality of sleep but can also lead to dental problems such as worn enamel, jaw pain, and headaches. Fortunately, there’s a simple solution: custom-made night guards.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll delve into what custom night guards are, how they work, and why they’re the optimal choice for protecting your dental health and promoting peaceful sleep.
Understanding Custom-Made Night Guards:
Custom-made night guards, also known as dental splints or occlusal guards, are personalized dental appliances designed to fit snugly over your teeth. Unlike over-the-counter options, custom night guards are crafted specifically for your mouth, offering superior comfort and effectiveness.
How Custom Night Guards Are Made:
The process begins with a visit to our office, where we will take impressions or digital scans of your teeth. These impressions are used to create a precise mold of your mouth, ensuring a perfect fit for your custom night guard. The mold is then sent to a dental laboratory where skilled technicians fabricate the night guard using high-quality materials.
Benefits of Custom Night Guards:
- Precise Fit: Custom night guards are tailored to the unique contours of your mouth, providing optimal comfort and protection.
- Maximum Protection: By evenly distributing the forces of teeth grinding, custom night guards help prevent enamel wear, tooth fractures, and other dental issues.
- Improved Sleep Quality: Night guards alleviate the symptoms of bruxism and TMJ disorders, promoting restful sleep and reducing morning jaw pain and headaches.
- Longevity: Custom night guards are durable and designed to withstand nightly wear and tear, ensuring lasting protection for your teeth.
- Enhanced Compliance: Because they’re custom-made for you, these night guards are more comfortable to wear, increasing the likelihood that you’ll use them consistently.
Who Can Benefit from Custom Night Guards?
Anyone experiencing symptoms of bruxism or TMJ disorders can benefit from custom night guards. Common signs include:
- Teeth grinding or clenching sounds during sleep
- Worn tooth enamel
- Jaw pain or stiffness
- Headaches, particularly in the morning
- Fractured or chipped teeth
One of the main problems is that bruxism frequently occurs while we sleep, meaning we are unaware of doing it. Even if you’re unsure whether you grind your teeth, we can help determine if it is occuring with regular simple exams and help you decide if a night guard is the right solution for you.