What are dental veneers?
Dental veneers are a possible solution to help you achieve the look you desire. They are a popular choice for those with chipped teeth, a gap between teeth, or misshapen teeth.
Dental veneers are thin covers that adhere to teeth to give teeth a more classically shaped look. Atlantic Coast Dentistry offers a variety of dental veneer options to choose from. Talk to our staff about the best options for you.
If you want to improve your smile, dental veneers are a simple option. Veneers are thin coverings that are placed over the front (visible) part of the tooth. They look like natural teeth. Veneers can be used to correct a wide range of dental issues, such as:
• teeth that are stained and can’t be whitened by bleaching
• chipped or worn teeth
• crooked or misshapen teeth
• uneven spaces or a large gap between the upper front teeth
Veneers are made of either porcelain or composite resin material. Your dentist will help you choose the material that is best for you. Each type of veneer has its own benefits.
A porcelain veneer is a thin shell that is custom-made to fit on the tooth. Benefits of porcelain veneers:
• they are strong and long-lasting
• they have a natural-looking surface
• less tooth enamel needs to be removed than with a crown or cap
• they don’t stain easily
Composite resin veneers
A composite resin veneer is made from a tooth-colored filling material bonded to the tooth.
Benefits of composite resin veneers:
• usually less tooth enamel needs to be removed than for crowns or porcelain veneers
• may mean fewer visits to the dentist—sometimes these veneers take just one visit
• cost less than porcelain veneers
• are easy to fix if they get damaged; although composite veneers are generally not as strong or wear-resistant as porcelain veneers, composite veneers can be repaired easily and quickly.
Our team can examine your smile and determine which treatment path best fits your needs.